The disability doctoral contract allows students with disabilities to prepare for a doctorate. The conditions are set by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. Candidates are selected based on scientific excellence. This scheme provides funding for three years. The recognition of the status of disabled worker (RQTH) is a compulsory document for the assembly of the file, the time to obtain this document can be long.
The scheme has been offered since 2016: the grant of contracts funded by the ministry is conditional on the recipient institution’s commitment to finance, out of its own budget, a second doctoral contract granted to a student with a disability.
Type of public
Students with disabilities having a thesis project and recognized as eligible for the employment obligation.
The recognition of the status of disabled worker (RQTH) is a compulsory document, the time to obtain this document can be long.
Information relating to the submission of applications is published on the website of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
Submission and content of the application file
- A résumé allowing to assess the quality of your training in relation to your thesis project
- A copy of the degree (master’s or equivalent) entitling to enroll in a doctoral school,
- Copy of the corresponding transcripts
- Attach a copy of the decision notification or a copy of the letter acknowledging receipt of the application file to the Departmental Center for Handicapped Persons (MDPH) or other supporting document. During the contract, it will be necessary to ensure that the RQTH covers the entire contract that will be concluded.
Must be included in the application file:
The following notices:
- The justified appraisal of the director of the doctoral school,
- The appraisal of the thesis supervisor
- The appraisal of the director of the host laboratory,
- The appraisal of the head of the higher education institution.
Warning: Submission of application files to the relevant doctoral school (ED 548 or ED 509) at the latest.
The applicants are strongly urged not to wait until the last few days to submit their application to their doctoral school.
A single evaluation session will be organized for the 2020-2021 academic year.
For contract requests, a main, unsorted list is established, as well as a supplementary list.
Institutions and doctoral schools whose applications have been selected will be informed by email and mail.
Disability intermediaries and referents will be informed via heads of institutions.
For further information, please contact: